Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wilson 100 Century Ride

This was my first official century ride, my only goal was to complete it. I had no intentions to ride it hard I was going for an easy 16.5-17 mph ride. The terrain was nice rollers going through little towns and farm lands.  There were aid stations located about every 20-25 miles, they all were well stocked with food and fluids.

 I felt great through the first 75 miles, I was spinning up the hills and coasting the downhills. The hills weren't to bad, supposedly it is a very similar terrain I will experience in Half Ironman Augusta on September 30th.    The only thing I felt like I could have done a little better was my pacing on some of the steeper hills might have to fast going up. I end up averaging 18.4mph with a average heart rate of 160bpm.  The ride was a great confidence booster. I finished it stronger and faster then I expected. I was very pleased with my self, and it set a great tone for the training camp I had on labor day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment