Sunday, June 24, 2012

I put her down today...

I was going out for an easy 1 hour training ride this morning. All was going well and I was almost a mile away from home, when I decide to avoid a speed bump. What a stupid mistake that was!! I end up hitting a bump in the road at the wrong angle and it sent me over the bars. I used my hands and left hip to brace my fall leaving me with a fare amount of road rash to match my other hip(from a crash a few years ago). Nothing major happened to the bike, just a few scratches on the bars and a broken aero pad. I'm glad there were no cars behind me because I landed right in the middle of the lane. The experience made me realize you could crash at any moment even when you think your being careful.It could have been a lot worse!


So my PSA: ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!! You'll need it when you least expect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment